Watercolour workshop (1) 2014

We braved the hottest day of the German summer 2014, found out that some cookies can as well be drunk as eaten, avoided the two bunny problem, discussed an Elven hair-braiding phalanx (“Leeeft turn! Braid!”) and generally painted the Schmendrick way (“Paint, do as you will!”)

Thanks to a few very thoughtful participants, we didn’t have to paint in enemy territory either. XD

(Workshop brought to you by Daniel Smith. And Schmincke. And Winsor/Newton and Lukas and Tintoretto and Van Gogh.)

It’s been another lovely weekend with you fantastic people.  Looking forward to next week with more fantastic people!

Workshop Aachen – we put the water in watercolour! (Mainly from above.)

And another weekend with great fun, fantastic creativity, and abysmal weather. Aachen really puts the water back in watercolour. Thanks to all who braved the rain and storm (and bad lighting!) to join us!

Kirsten was again so kind to film some painting demos; I’ll upload the vids when I have them! Until then, here’s a skin-and-hair-and-beard demo of Thorin Oakenshield, and a painting armour demo (hail damage insurance from Knights Weekly).

wp_thorin2wp_armour

And well, some Hannibal had to join us. As a matter of fact, we saw even more of them – two other participants drew Hannibals too, though one was the Lector subspecies. :D wp_age-chart_col

I’ll soon update my deivantArt journal with all the artwork created there!

First Workshop 2013

I’ve held my first of two workshop this weekend, and we’ve had two fantastic days with interesting people, heaps of creativity, loads of fun, and of course gorgeous art!  Take a look!

I did a demonstration of skin and clothes again, and Hannibal acted as my new demonstration model.

It seems that the skin-shading there caught the only sunlight in the only ten minutes today that we had any sunshine. Otherwise I can’t explain where all the orange came from – I definitely didn’t make it so orange. The last shot reflects the actual colours (when the sky over Aachen was back to grey). Or possibly because the direction I took the final photo from was different (frontal instead of sideways) and that did something with  the light.

The final Hannibal piece:

wp_hannibal